With acquisition of Excel fleet, Greece-based owner may offer enhanced market play
- Star Bulk takes over Excel fleet
- Will Oaktree continue to play matchmaker in dry bulk?
- More consolidation ahead, but maybe not much
Danish line unlikely to order more tonnage before 2017 and rules out acquisitions...UPDATE: Maersk says 2M will not require...
Owner hails 32% leap in revenues as fleet expandsNavios Acquisition buys another very large...
Simpler vessel sharing agreement only needs US clearance, Nils Andersen confirms as...Terminal and liner divisions drive up Maersk...
But repayment pressure is still high for loss-making carrierBox line reliability still lags behind 2013 levels
Lack of data complicates risk pricing, Marsh warns
The Week on Wall Street | August 8
Eagle Bulk restructuring in full flight while others jet off on holiday
P3 is dead. Long live C3?
Box network formed by three Chinese state giants on China-Japan trade faces scrutiny
Newsmaker of the Year shortlist
Now is your chance to vote for the 2014 Newsmaker of the Year.
TSA plans $600 hike from September
Transpacific lines to push rates up again claiming that lines are struggling to...
- Terminal and liner divisions drive up Maersk profits
- California box ports see growth slow in July
- Hamburg on course for record year
- Bank of Communications linked to order for 19,000 teu MSC pair
- Gulftainer looks to expand its US footprint beyond Canaveral
Pan Ocean explains first-half turnaround and advances debt repayment
Former STX affiliate strengthens financial position on better operations, debt...
- Capes of good hope
- Thoresen Shipping scores strong growth in its third quarter
- Knightsbridge Tankers disappointed by dry bulk market
- Black and Baltic Seas linked to uptick in handysize rates
- Cosco Corp wins $56m bulker order
StealthGas warns on second-quarter profit
Analyst sees move to bigger LPG carriers as ‘positive development’
- Molaris-led Product Shipping eyes IPO
- New trade patterns feed tankers
- Unprecedented newbuilding slippages help the tanker markets
- TEN to build LR1s for European oil major
- GasLog Partners exercises option for two LNG carriers from GasLog
Qingdao port faces lawsuits amid loan fraud probe
Cargo interests sue dry bulk terminal as Chinese authorities detain metal...
- Shanghai port operator plans to sell 20% in terminal joint venture with Hutchison
- Rotterdam congestion hangover for Heineken
- India to reform state port tariffs
- ICTSI sees 9% growth in core profits in second quarter
- Ports America takes 30% stake in K Line’s Long Beach and Tacoma terminals
The Containerisation International reader survey
Tell us what you think of our coverage and you could win an iPad mini
Transpacific lines to push rates up again claiming that lines are struggling to return profits
Los Angeles and Long Beach report increases of 0.25% and 3.7% respectively
Earnings slide as August loading closes, but interesting developments are taking place
Tankers can’t simply rely on oil supply growth, it’s all about changing trade patterns now
Capitalisation raises $202m and fulfils conditions for merger with German carrier
Will the Container Ship Safety Forum improve boxship safety standards?/ll/images/pollbar.png;jsessionid=28C08CBE0862F915CE44427BE89A6DD7
Lloyd's List Topics
Click here to see a full spread of the topics that Lloyd's List covers
We need your ballast opinions
Industry thoughts and comments sought on critical ballast water issues
NYK, MOL warned of downgrade risks due to LNG investments
Moody’s: expansion means high debts and slow deleveraging despite long-term...
- FSL Trust posts its first quarterly profit in three years
- DVB hit by central bank policy
- Shipping explores sale and leaseback
- Natixis concludes ‘refinancing’ of Anek ferry duo
- Great Eastern sees first-quarter profit fall
Badly built hold ladders on newbuildings put crew in danger
Owners face financial risk from defects, P&I club warns
- Costa Concordia costs likely to hit $2bn
- LOF salvage contracts sinking fast
- American Club gains tonnage and revenue
- Jacobsohn seeks to boost Skuld’s non-P&I activity
- Standard Club cuts its combined ratio to 101%
Cosco International upbeat after strong first-half results
Shipping services arm of Cosco Group supported by increased commission income
- Bergen Group offloads shipbuilding division
- Demolition buyers bullish despite India’s slump
- Clarksons profits rise in challenging markets
- Ferguson Shipbuilders goes into administration, making 70 staff redundant
- Lauritzen downgrades forecast as weak markets continue
Shipowners seize the last chance to influence ballast water rules
FREE CONTENT: After nearly a decade in the making, the looming regulations may...
- US regulators approve the merger of CSAV and Hapag-Lloyd
- US sanctions two North Korea shipping companies
- Hamburg court rules for ER Schiffahrt in dispute with MPC
- Iran shipping sanctions could go by year-end
- China Shipping Group bans executives from side business