OSV lay-up numbers swell as oil hovers around $34 per barrel
Arrival of first 18,000 teu vessel to call in the US highlighted the need for further port and terminal investment before the ‘big ship ready’ claim is fully justified
History holds many warnings on the treatment of vessels in distress.
Anatomy of a transformed crude tanker company
The tanker sector has been bullish, but asset players seem to be shifting attention to young capes and boxships
Container shipping braced for grim year
Surplus ship capacity, price wars, alliance reshuffles and weak economies a...
- Price pressures will dictate volume of US LNG
- India: No knight in shining armour for dry bulk in 2016
- Confusion on the winding road to ship recycling
- Will clean energy mean the death of the tanker trade?
Will baby bonds deliver?
Baby bonds might offer desperately needed capital to cash-starved shipping...
- Bulk trades to harvest an agricultural windfall from TPP
- Is Narendra Modi's river drying up?
- How can tankers win investor confidence?
- A new way of looking at damages for repudiation of a voyage charter
Lloyd's List Outlook 2016
Your year ahead in shipping for all key sectors in 2016
297 (-1) Baltic Dry Index
Top 100 interactive timelines
View the key events in the year that have helped shaped Top 100