Latest Market Data
1002 (-27) 11 Apr 2014 Baltic Dry Index
MCC Transport boss says falling rates will drive carriers bankrupt unless they join forces
- New service connects east Indonesia to regional hub
- Revived SeaLand eyes reefer and feeder trades
- MCC has no plans to expand fleet in current market
State giant’s leasing unit to sign $1.1bn newbuilding deals at group’s flagship yard...Consolidation is on the cards for...
Be careful where your ship is wrecked from April 2015 as new regulations have...Nairobi Wreck Removal Convention is one step...
How latecomer to box trades rose to the top in four decadesMaersk to operate Triple-E 18,270 teu vessels...
Unconfirmed report comes amid fears ‘window’ may have closed for nowQuintana launches $100m IPO in New York
Joint venture expands its orders in the sector to 10 with bookings at Subic Bay shipyard
More Market Data
|Thursday 17 April 14||380cst
Which way forward for Germany’s second-largest container line?
Oetker family split as Hamburg Süd rival Hapag-Lloyd and CSAV box arm agree...
- Barging in
- Data Hub: World Fleet Update
- Data Hub: Load Factors – The ace of trades
- The logistical battleground
How to define and control dry cargo market risk
Western Bulk’s bespoke risk-modelling aims to beat the market
- Russia-Ukraine standoff hits Crimea spring grain sowing
- Why Ukraine’s Black Sea ports matter for the global fertiliser market
- Why secondhand ships appeal more than newbuildings, Thoresen explains
- Russia grain exports would benefit most from a divided Ukraine
ILO adopts new measures to protect abandoned seafarers
Amendments face approval vote for inclusion in MLC at next International Labour...
- Compromise found over new dates for NOx emission clampdown
- Get tough on SOx rules enforcement
- In defence of coastal states
- Maximising reform in the Philippines
A blog about asset performance and innovation in ship operations
Last Word from Hamburg
Last Word from Hamburg
Global Liner Shipping Conference reveals some interesting news
India moves forward with 5m-tonne LNG import terminal at Mundra
Plans to build more than 10 additional plants will generate new business for gas...
- Singapore’s April LNG imports rise almost 30%
- Is a Very Large Crisis Coming?
- VLGC earnings to average almost $50,000 per day this year
- US crude reserves hit their highest level since 1976
Arctic operators must emulate global oil and gas industry safety standards
Experts warn against seeing the region as one area with a uniform level of risk
- Underwriters see opportunity in Arctic risk
- Image matters in the battle for the Arctic
- The calm after the storm
- From corsairs to kidnap and ransom
How are we to help the young British officers of the future?
- The tip of the iceberg
- Industry viewpoint: UK shipping minister Stephen Hammond
- Shortsea shipping’s wake-up call
- Why grumble over €145bn European shipping industry?
Pilotage charges: Demonstrating reason in the face of unreason
Harbour authorities face legal curbs in raising cash to cover pilots’ pension...
- Pilotage charges: Demonstrating reason in the face of unreason
- Saudi Arabia opens new container gateway
- Jeddah expands to meet demand
- Cruising for a bruising
Does the new flurry of orders mean that VLCC may soon stand for Very Large Crisis Coming?/ll/images/pollbar.png;jsessionid=00C9FCD9A9F6AEC7B078A7EBC798A6BC
The Week on Wall Street | April 18
Free to read: Shipping news from America
"Free to read: Shipping’s Letter from America " Alexander MacInnes