Latest Market Data
1088 (-8) 22 Aug 2014 Baltic Dry Index
Restructuring dry bulk player even plans to participate in auction of its own ship
- Two Chinese state carriers announce a 19-very large crude carrier tie-up
- Sinotrans Shipping sees near-term oversupply in bulker market
- Sinotrans Ltd plans to raise $219m via new share issues
Wage differentials with Asian crews narrowing, experts sayHelping seafarers left high and dry
MOL bulker trials NSafe steel as shipping continues its quest to improve safetyAre complex onboard systems too clever now?
Downward trend expected to continue in the run-up to SeptemberZim turns its attention to alliances after...
Authorities adopt a carrot-and-stick approach to return container operations to normalWorld’s sixth-largest box port Ningbo hit by strike
But high-profile executive will maintain Univan and China Navigation roles
More Market Data
|Friday 22 August 14||380cst
2M — the Regulators’ Conundrum
Dutch competition lawyer August Braakman calls for a global set of competition...
- Data hub: Trade Statistics — Asia
- Take the Containerisation International reader survey
- Box ports play for high stakes as alliances change industry landscape
- Data Hub: Trade Statistics — Europe
Capesizes — bouncing back
Buoyant market a reflection of the export policies of iron ore majors, say...
- Ultrabulk chief sees potential for better times in year’s second half
- Star Bulk grows to mighty oak among US-listed owners
- Quiet week for capesizes
- India’s coal mystery: will a shortage add up to handy demand?
Newsmaker of the Year shortlist
Now is your chance to vote for the 2014 Newsmaker of the Year.
"A flurry of activity means vacation plans may have to be put on hold" Alexander MacInnes
A blog about asset performance and innovation in ship operations
Opec seaborne exports at five-year low
Exclusive analysis of Lloyd's List Intelligence data confirms record low...
- Commodity shipping depends on Indian import demand
- Crude problem facing the US
- Silly season turned out to be not so silly after all
- Suezmax earnings under pressure, but Libya could perk things up
Arctic operators must emulate global oil and gas industry safety standards
Experts warn against seeing the region as one area with a uniform level of risk
- Underwriters see opportunity in Arctic risk
- Image matters in the battle for the Arctic
- The calm after the storm
- From corsairs to kidnap and ransom
Aronnax: Cutting the innovation path
Hartmann, Ocean Yield, Sinopacific and Sabic in unique gas ship newbuild orders
- Passengership safety — why we must learn from those who were there
- Yard Talk | Shining a light on the shadow portfolio
- Aronnax: War and peace with shipping
- Mixed views over efficacy of MLC
Box ports play for high stakes as alliances change industry landscape
DP World’s Ganesh Raj spells out challenge of shrinking customer base for...
- Beijing seeks to transform Chinese ports as throughput growth slows
- Greek ports enter a new era
- Qingdao Port presses forward with Hong Kong IPO
- Pilotage charges: Demonstrating reason in the face of unreason
Will the Container Ship Safety Forum improve boxship safety standards?/ll/images/pollbar.png;jsessionid=DDFD51E83C5F1AB17CDDDCB9C8451733
In support, grab a photo of a seafarer or yourself
Send a #seafarerselfie or a shot of #lifeatsea to @lloydslist