Latest Market Data
2299 (62) 11 Dec 2013 Baltic Dry Index
What are the traits that define this paragon of industry virtue?
Brothers now head their own businesses with more than 100 ships eachIsrael Corp aims to reduce Zim stake to less...
Venture expands into Gabon, Congo and Angola from FebruaryHartmann-managed KG ship is declared...
Lack of interest in China’s largest coal port highlights investor pessimismQinhuangdao Port Co to list in Hong Kong
Beijing’s scrapping subsidies revive firm’s interest in buying tonnageChina’s scrapping subsidies still favour shipyards over shipowners
French carrier trims its Delmas trade routes
More Market Data
|Wednesday 11 December 13||380cst
The consolidation conundrum
Will Hapag-Lloyd and CSAV merger talks succeed where others have failed?
- Service providers reap the benefits of an expanded Panama Canal
- Legal limbo
- Data Hub: Load Factors — key Asia routes
- Data Hub: World Fleet Update
Navios halts distressed-fleet buying as HSH Nordbank pact slows
Owner posts a larger than expected loss due to low rates
- Chinese ports struggle as regional competition intensifies
- Capesize spot market calms down
- Capesize market finds some stability after a harrowing week
- Ports must provide reception facilities for cargoes that harm marine life
Europe’s state aid rules head for a shake-up
Who will gain and who will lose in the maritime sector from Brussels' funding...
- What’s next for China’s shipping policy?
- Can’t pay, won’t pay
- A bankruptcy guide to preventing creditors arresting your vessels
- TMT takes legal refuge in the States
Future threats to shipping
View the results of the Lloyd's List maritime security survey
Keep up to date with the latest developments in the Middle East
Asset play versus fleet growth
A combination of factors underpins the recent VLCC ordering spree
- New Romantics meet new money at ICAP shipping’s charity bash
- Opec overview: Your essential guide to the politics shaping the oil market
- Chinese yards make gains in the offshore competitive mix
- Getting the oil to China
US ballast water drive is tough but rigorous
Owners face more stringent demands but the good news is so do technology...
- Tests question effectiveness of ultraviolet ballast water systems
- In technology we trust?
- Unstopping the ballast water bottleneck
- Why the antitrust case against boxlines is misguided
Will the VLCC earnings spike stop shipowners scrapping elderly tonnage?/ll/images/pollbar.png;jsessionid=4A75CBE41FCC5043CAB3214045EA2AFD
Shipping's 100 Most Influential People
Click here to see who shipping's most powerful people are