Irish Maritime Development Office
The Irish Maritime Development Office (IMDO), is Ireland’s national dedicated development, promotion and marketing agency for the shipping service sector. It is responsible for driving the Government strategy in making Ireland a leading location for International shipping services.
The Director will lead a team engaged in providing a wide range of services both to the public and private sector, such as business development, policy support, market intelligence, education and contributing to the formulation of sectoral strategies. The director will be engaged at a high level in attracting International maritime companies and organisations to Ireland while working with major international shipping groups and
shipping lines already doing business in Ireland.
The Director will be primarily responsible for managing the process of innovation and strategy to support the continuous growth and development of the shipping services sector in Ireland. A key deliverable is the provision of reports and advice to the Department of Transport, Sport and Tourism, including the quarterly Transport Economist.
To be successful, you will have a minimum of 10 years direct experience in the national and international shipping sectors, ideally in the areas of ship management, ship-broking, ship finance or maritime economics. You will also have a relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification and experience.
You will have successfully managed programmes, people and resources at a senior and strategic level and been involved in communicating and building relationships with stakeholders.
A detailed Job Description can be downloaded from our website at www.imdo.ie.
If you meet all of our requirements, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your letter of application and an up to date CV to Catherine Johnston, Human Resources Manager, Marine Institute, Rinville, Oranmore, Co. Galway or email to email@example.com. Please note email applications will only be accepted at this address and applications are not valid until you have received confirmation of your application.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 17:00 Tuesday 7th January 2014.
Late applications will not be accepted
The Marine Institute is an equal opportunities employer
Manager, Operations and Terminals
Gearbulk Holding Limited, Bermuda (“Gearbulk”) is an international shipping company providing
reliable transportation services for various industrial sectors. Gearbulk has the following vacancy:
Manager, Operations and Terminals
This new role within Gearbulk will support our international network of Branch Offices in their efforts to
enhance the efficiency of their port operations and will focus particularly on the management of terminals and stevedore relationships. The role holder will work as a member of the Operations Support team whose overall purpose is to achieve improvements in productivity whilst ensuring a tight control is maintained on operational costs. This position will involve considerable international travel; spending time working alongside colleagues in the various parts of the world where Gearbulk is active.
Successful candidates will be educated to degree level and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience relating to Break-Bulk Cargo Terminals. They will demonstrate calm and resilient leadership, while possessing a sense of urgency to achieve timely, quality results within a varied, fast paced international environment. Using their proven technical and analytical abilities, successful candidates will exhibit strategic problem-solving skills that promote practical and effective outcomes. They will have superior attention to detail and be capable of
managing actual and potential risks prudently and proactively. In addition, we’re interested in meeting
candidates who have excellent interpersonal and influencing skills. Candidates should be seasoned travellers; capable of performing the role on a ‘remote’ basis (i.e. in any location).
In return, Gearbulk offers excellent working conditions, a competitive salary and a comprehensive range of benefits.
Please send your full curriculum vitae, including details of current remuneration, by email to
HHR@gearbulk.com. The closing date for applications is 29 November 2013.
Gearbulk operates an Equal Opportunities Policy
SOUTHERN AREA SALES MANAGER
Reporting to Regional Sales Manager UK&IRELAND
• To actively solicit business in the designated territory through external sales visits, where in there could be the requirement for client presentations.
• Actively plan and co-ordinate your local area sales strategy in accordance with the business field objectives, ensuring consistent and regular contact is maintained
• Raise appropriate quotations and sales literature, when requested to do so by a client, and despatch this in accordance with the Company guidelines
• Ensure the prompt follow up of any quotations issued and recording of this action on Containerships group CRM database
• Ensure any new clients SOP's are communicated to all parties involved together with the terms and conditions sold when appropriate
• Communicate with the Internal Sales team and Management on businesses which require Internal and potential Management involvement
• Produce accurate, quality sales leads, using the company CRM system, when required to do so
• Manage your clients in all areas, ensuring that operationally and financially all issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
• Entertaining your client base, which may involve unsociable hours
• Ensure that strict Credit Control guidelines are adhered at all times & that customers understand our credit application process
• Perform other duties as agreed with your manager as and when necessary
Requirements to Candidates
• Previous experience, within a sales environment both Import and Export
• Knowledge of short sea shipping, Freight forwarding and logistics
• Good knowledge of Container shipping
• Proven experience of winning new business
• High level of PC literacy on MS Word/Excel, or similar
• High degree of organisational, administrative, communication skills and self-motivation
• Ability to work on own initiative and within a team
• Valid Drivers Licence
Competetive salary, company car & pension scheme ( after a qualifying period ) is available for the right candidate.
Applications with CV to Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Containerships (UK) Ltd
The Wilton Centre
Cleveland TS10 4RF