Carriers will combine two existing services into a new single loop
- MSC launches new Asia-West Africa service
- PIL does not rule out further fleet expansion
- MOL and PIL collaborate between Asia and East Africa
Maersk Tankers contract with BP highlights rising popularity of 12 month charters as...Australia’s refinery pain is product tankers’...
Joint venture’s latest trio to come from Angelicoussis newbuilding order bookQatar invests $1bn to go green during LNG...
UASC to offer five services through tie-ups with CSCL, Hanjin and EvergreenAsia to Europe volumes have peaked, says K+N...
Petrofin says private equity has filled the gap but banks should bounce back soonEuropean banks lend $830m on Star Cruises vessel
National Retail Federation writes to PMA and ILWU requesting early start to negotiations
More World Market Data
|Wednesday 23 April 14||380cst
A blog about asset performance and innovation in ship operations
Last Word from Hamburg
Global Liner Shipping Conference reveals some interesting news
Rotterdam posts flat first-quarter box volumes
But Europe’s busiest box port does record a slight increase in container tonnage...
- Vessel arrested for failing to pay crew
- Maersk prefers retrofits to newbuildings when cutting unit costs
- CMA CGM joins May Asia-Europe rate push
- Dynagas Partners seals 13-year charter with Gazprom
DSME raises $481m from bond sales
South Korean shipbuilding giant replenishes working capital
- Thieves seize cargo and crew in Malacca Strait
- Mercator Lines losses shrink
- Pan Ocean cuts another order at an STX shipyard
- South Korean president condemns Sewol master and crew members
Recent Regional News
Use the map to find the last month's news, analysis and comment by region.
The Week on Wall Street | April 18
Free to read: Shipping news from America
"Free to read: Shipping’s Letter from America " Alexander MacInnes
Top Ports Tools
Access the Asia, Americas, Europe and Top 100 Ports tools
MSC launches new Asia-West Africa service
More direct calls will cut out the need to tranship and aims to reduce transit...
- Suezmax crude tankers saw zero fleet growth in first quarter
- Nigeria frees British security guards detained in bunker-theft row
- Maritime crimes fall 13% in first-quarter 2014
- Security firm says British guards held in Nigeria are innocent
Aframaxes hit by closure of sabotage-hit Iraqi pipeline
April forecast to be disappointing for aframaxes loading Iraqi crude from Ceyhan...
- Qatar invests $1bn to go green during LNG loading at jetties
- UACC orders four chemical tankers
- Tehran develops a new outlet for crude exports by tanker
- Megahubs of the world unite, urges DP World
Inchcape wins deal to support Petrobras in Central America and Caribbean
ISS contract covers support for Brazilian energy giant’s tankers at 17 new port...
- Virginia G case ends in a draw
- Argentina port strike will hit gas, dry bulk and oil products shipments
- Navios South American Logistics prices and upsizes its bond
- Hapag-Lloyd merger receives 84.5% backing from CSAV shareholders